The Club was organized in 1952 by a group of women interested in philanthropic, community and service activities. In 1952, Oak View Women’s Club became officially affiliated with the California Federation of Women's Clubs (CFWC) and the national organization, the General Federation of Women's Clubs (GFWC).
We are still today, as when we were founded, a group of women who take time from busy schedules to raise money and support various projects aiding Oak View and surrounding areas.
Philanthropies of the Oak View Women’s Club: education and leadership, arts, scholarships, libraries, Habitat for Humanity, cancer research, support of Oak View Community Center, the Oak View Park and Resource Center, National Disaster Search Dogs, Veteran’s Affairs, Sunset Elementary School, “Kind News” (distributed to elementary schools), Oak View Boys and Girls Club, and others. When and where there is a need in Oak View and the surrounding communities, we are there!
The pie chart shows a breakdown of the $8,500 in philanthropy and welfare expenditures during the 2013-2014 season:
President: Cathi Nye 805-207-3358
Membership: Jan Breeding 805-646-6532
Website: Maureen Hannah 805-649-4643